Some reasons why it is important to continuously maintain your website:
· Up-to-Date Design - the look and feel of your website is one of the most important aspects that affects sales. Your website needs to be responsive, so that it looks good and can be read on all desktop and all mobile devices.
· Fresh Content - old, out of date or incorrect content creates a bad impression and puts customers off. It is essential to regularly update content, keeping it current and informative to encourage visitors to come back. It is also important to constantly check your websites pages and links for errors.
· Website Security - continuous review and updating of your website security is essential. A weakness in your website’s security could lead to your website being hacked with possible legal repercussions if your customer’s personal data is stolen.
· Be Competitive - keep your website ahead of the competition with a dynamic website that makes use of social media. Monitoring performance and analytics are also important in ensuring that your website it is achieving the desired results.
· Marketing - your website is an advertising medium for your business that has the potential of capturing the attention of many people. Regular changes to your website showing new products, or upcoming events will stimulate interest and interaction.
· Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - if your website is not updated to work on mobile devices, your website may no longer appear on search results. Updating your website will attract search engines to your site and will give valuable information to visitors.
· Legal Requirements - laws constantly change and evolve and you need to make sure that your website is compliant with all relevant legislation (e.g. data protection and online selling laws).
By regularly maintaining and monitoring your website, you will to maximise its effectiveness and give a good impression of your business.